AIMS &OBJECTIVES: -
- To promote practical environment enhancement works especially by volunteers for the benefit of the community and train passengers of the existing Woodhead Railway Route.
- To encourage community involvement and ownership through local schools, clubs, churches & businesses.
- To publicise and raise awareness of the Heritage of the Woodhead Railway Route from Manchester to Sheffield.
- To work in partnership with all stakeholders to achieve Aims & Objectives for the feasibility of reopening the Woodhead Railway Route.
Minimum Age is 16 years to be a member of the WHRG and for carrying out volunteering work on behalf of the WRHG.
VOLUNTEER REGULATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- All “Working” volunteers must be registered as a Member of WRHG
- Each volunteer must ensure that they are aware of the potential dangers working in any of the current Woodhead Railway route Station Sites.
- Each volunteer must comply with the published Regulations and Instructions from the WRHG.
- All work that is to be carried out MUST be approved by the Committee; No work must be under taken without notification of the Committee.
- Should any volunteers bring tools/equipment to carry out any work must be approved by the Committee and must adhere to any Company* regulations for carrying out work within an operational area, any tools/equipment that has been brought on site is at the responsibility of the owner.
*Company being any Company that the WRHG are working with.
- WRHG and will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to any equipment or tools belonging to the volunteers.
- Volunteers & Members of the WRHG shall not at any time use the name of ‘Woodhead Railway Heritage Group’ in dealings with any third parties – Without first obtaining the permission of the WRHG Committee.
- ALL Members must be aware that - ANY Bullying and Harassment of fellow members will not be tolerated. Any actions that are deemed to fall within the above - will be acted upon and dealt with accordingly by the WRHG Committee.
MANAGEMENT OF THE ASSOCIATION:-
- To be by a Committee, to be elected annually by Members of the WRHG.
- The AGM shall elect a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, treasurer, Membership Secretary, 2 Ordinary members.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt Members for a specific task to a specific period not exceeding twelve months.
- Nominations to elect Officers for the Committee Membership can be made by any Adult Member before or at the AGM.
- The Committee shall meet not less than four times a year. One meeting shall be used for the AGM.
- The Committee shall have the power to expel any Member who shall infringe any rule, or whose conduct shall in their opinion render him / her unfit for Membership of the WRHG.
- No Member shall be expelled without first having an opportunity to explain his / her conduct.
- All Members will be notified in advance of what date the AGM will be held.
- Any Committee members who cannot attend a Committee meeting MUST send their apologies to the Chairman in advance.
CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP:-
Members shall cease being Members –
- By Resignation (by means of a Letter to the Chairman).
- By expulsion via an Emergency Committee Meeting (minimum of 3 position holding Committee Members).
1. This Constitution can only be amended by resolution(s) passed by the Membership either at the AGM or at an Extraordinary General Meeting.
WINDING UP OF THE WRHG:-
1. This can only be done on the recommendation of the Committee, giving three weeks’ notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting off ALL members.
2 Should the EGM decide to proceed with the Winding up of WRHG, and then all its remaining assets will be forwarded to an agreed ‘Station Friends Group’.